It's part of the year where searing heat has set in since last Saturday. Incidentally last Saturday was Singapore 2011 General Election. The heat and the GE 2011 have heighten the weekends and rise the temperature beyond average tolerance.
In this heated season, we need to pay special attention during training. Especially if you have full black or black and white dog. Below are what we should take special attention to;
1. Avoid training during hottest period 11am to 3pm,
2. Avoid training more than 5 - 10 mins per session,
3. Allow your dogs to rest twice the training session,
4. Allow plenty of water available for your dog,
5. If possible wet your dog to cool them down,
6. Allow your dog H2O or thirst quenching drink,
7. Allow longer warming up and warming down session.
If you notice your dog is showing signs of exhaustion, excessive panting, restlessness, please immediately stop training and let your dog rest. Please take care, PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!
Last but not least, have fun in your training and always stay positive!