Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
One of the Dog Frisbee Competition is known as THE LONGEST THROW EVENT! All contestants will start throwing the frisbee behind a 14m or 15 yard line. There will be 2 Judges, one will be the Line Judge and the other will be the Field Judge.
Every contestants are given 3 attempts, after 3 tries, the contestant with the longest throw distance recorded will be the winner of the event. A recorded distance will be registered only when a frisbee is successfully captured in the mouth of their K9 partners.
So are you game enough for this challenge! Come join us in this Dog Frisbee Competition.
See you ya!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Hi Dog Sport Enthusiasts,
As you may have heard we are organizing Our First Ever Frisbee Competitions in Singapore running concurrently with Our hotly contested 6th USDAA Sanctioned Trials.
One of the Frisbee Competition is known as SINGLE DISC EVENT!
Our contestants will have to start throwing their frisbee behind a 14m or 15yard line. There will be 2 Judges, one will be the Line Judge and the other will be the Field Judge. Every contestants will be given 120sec (2Mins) to throw frisbee as many attempts as possible. Contestants are not allow to go the fetch the frisbee, your K9 contestants partner are suspose to Catch and fetch the frisbee back to you.
There are 3 lines of catchment areas;
1) Beyond 18m or 20yard - every successful catch = 1 point, every successful catch in the air = 2 points,
2) Beyond 27m or 30yard - every successful catch = 2 point, every successful catch in the air = 3 points,
3) Beyond 37m or 40yard - every successful catch = 3 points, every successful catch in the air = 4 points.
(Every successful catch air = 4 paws off the ground)
And within 120 seconds or 2 minutes, the contestants pair with the highest scoring will be crown Frisbee Champion of the Single Disc Event!
So if you are game enough, why not join us and show us what you and your K9 partners can do!
See you ya!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Starting 1 January 2010, AVA will be implementing a new set of import and quarantine requirements as part of our rabies risk management approach to the importation of dogs and cats into Singapore.
From 1 July 2009 to 31 December 2009, dogs and cats may be imported into Singapore under the current veterinary conditions as well as the new veterinary conditions under the revised quarantine policy. The current veterinary conditions will cease effect from 1 January 2010.
The new import requirements involve re-categorising countries according to the rabies risk posed by different countries.
A list of categories and countries/places are as follows:
Australia, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom
Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, USA (Guam and Hawaii only)
Belgium, Canada, Netherlands, Spain, United States of America (except Guam and Hawaii)
All countries other than those listed in Categories A, B or C
For more information on the veterinary conditions (revised):
- Veterinary Conditions for the Importation of Dogs and Cats for countries under Category A (1/4) (Australia, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom)
- Veterinary Conditions for the Importation of Dogs and Cats for countries under Category B (2/4) (Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, USA (Guam and Hawaii only))
- Veterinary Conditions for the Importation of Dogs and Cats for countries under Category C (3/4) (Belgium, Canada, Netherlands, Spain, United States of America (except Guam and Hawaii))
- Veterinary Conditions for the Importation of Dogs and Cats for countries under Category D (4/4) (All countries other than those listed in Categories A, B or C)
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Please take note of Our exciting 6th USDAA Sanctioned Trials coming on 12th & 13th Sept 2009. We have line up lot of activities for you and your family to join us for a weekends of FUN and Family Gathering.
We will be show casing Our FIRST FRISBEE COMPETITIONS in Singapore, running along with our highly sort after Agility Trials and Games.
12th Sept 2009 - Titling Programs
Starter Standard Agility
P1 Standard Agility
P2 Standard Agility
P1 Jumpers &
GAMES - FIRST FRISBEE COMPETITIION
Single Disc Event
Freestyle Disc Demo by Lucas Bong
13th Sept 2009 - International Tournament - Master 3-dogs Team local Qualifier
Team Standard Agility
Team Snooker &
GAMES - FIRST FRISBEE COMPETITIION
Longest Throw Event
Crazy K9 Flyball Demo by PUPS Crazy K9 Team
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
In Obedience: A total of 39 entries for Saturday and 37 for Sundays.In Agility: A total of 53 entries on Saturday and 55 on Sunday.As we were both Judging, we did not have time to take much photos, relying on Fawn to do that. (Paging for Fawn!)But here are some taken from our Phone Cameras.
Looked too good to eat huh? I see our dogs tug toy lookalike and a water bowl and ball and a star toy. Wow these cake makers are really into Agility cakes now.