Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Superb Sunday! Last Sunday was our Singapore Kennel Club Agility & Jumpers Trials. The venue was at West Coast Dog Run and our Agility & Jumpers Judge is Mrs Barbara Murfet from Australia. We fielded Millie for her 39th & 40th Maxi-Jumpers Novice Class and 114th & 115th Maxi-Agility Novice Class. I loved my runs with Millie, even though, we did not qualify, I have load of fun running this little Speeding Gonzales. After every run, I learn to see her movement, how she see me on course, how my positioning actually help her in her line and path. I love her speed and motions. On each Agility & Jumpers Class, I have made just 1 mistake if not I would have good timing on course which is important in the Sport of Dog Agility. We also fielded Benji for his 39th & 40th Midi-Jumpers Novice Class and 114th & 115th Midi-Agility Open Class. Benji is already 9+ and will turn 10 in November. And Benji is 1 leg short of his Jumpers Dog Title (JD Title). Due to my leg cramp, Debra was handed the task to run Benji for both Midi-Agility Open Class. I enjoyed my two (2) Midi-Jumpers run with Benji and even though I did an appropriate blind cross after a tunnel, but due to the fact that I failed to align Benji for the Jump, it caused our final leg and his Jumpers Dog Title (JD Title). The other two (2) Midi-Agility Open runs were good with speed and pace, but due to handlers’ mistakes, it caused our qualifications. Overall the events were excellent, great runs with both our dogs, great handling by our handlers, but just not our day. We are feeling good about our runs and handling, and we do believe our future trials are only going to gets better by the day.

No comments:

USDAAsg, Agility Dogs for Any Flavour!

USDAAsg, Agility Dogs for Any Flavour!
USDAA Singapore